Jayne Martin

Jayne Martin
Let me show you how to preserve your memories and create beautiful keepsakes, fast and easy!

Monday, October 17, 2011

My Funny Aunt!

I have a great Aunt who's got a terrific sense of humor.  Birthday's and social etiquette are very important to her, so you always get a card from Aunt LaVelle.  But this year my birthday came right after she had heart surgery.  And it was sort of a tough surgery.  She's going to be fine, but the healing process is going to be slow for her I think.  Well, when my birthday came around, it was Columbus Day and so no mail, no birthday card. But my hubby and I were talking and he said it'd be surprising if she had been able to get a card out.  So the next day, when no card showed up, I wasn't surprised.  I was surprised the next day when lo and behold, there it was, my birthday card from Aunt LaVelle.  But the best part of all, it's hilarious!  I love this card!  I've gotten some great cards, and this one has to be one of my top three favorites.  When I called to thank her, she apologized for it being late but she had forgotten there was no mail service on Columbus Day!  What a gal.  Thank you Aunt LaVelle!



Inside it says "Hope your birthday is full of lasting memories."  Perfect!!!
(the card is from American Greetings, written by Jackie Tilton and designed by Jack Delaney.)

1 comment: